Norcan Reliability Engineering
FMRIMS@RBI Software, is
basis in API Publication 581, Base Resource Document – Risk-Based
Practical, valuable features are built into the technology,
which is based on recognized and generally accepted good engineering
The purposes of the FMRIMS@RBI are
summarized as follows:
- Screen operating units within a plant to identify areas
of high risk.
- Estimate a risk value associated with the operation of
each equipment item in a refinery or chemical process plant
- Prioritize the equipment based on the measured
- Design an appropriate operation, maintenance, re-design
and inspection program.
- Systematically manage risks associated with equipment
software features include:
- Analysis for pressure vessels, tanks, piping and pressure
- Three levels of analysis from qualitative >
semi-quantitative > quantitative.
- Automated operator, maintenance and inspection
- Consequence values expressed in terms of risk per unit
area, risk per unit per year, financial risk, matrix cell location and provide the options to
factor injury, equipment damage, downtime costs, and toxic, explosive, fire damage, and environmental
effects into the analysis.
- Consequence models for various fluids and gases commonly
encountered in the refining, petrochemical and chemicals
evaluate a long-term view of the sustainability of the assets based on industry experience of similar plants
and processes operating greatly beyond their design lives including exiting material suitability assessment
as well as material operating envelope considerations.
consider the current and future expected condition of all the operating assets, static and rotating
equipment, civil, control and electrical
includes industry's most comprehensive oil and gas industry data repository of component information,
including failure modes, failure mechanism, failure probabilities, operator, maintenance and re-design tasks,
intervals, and effectiveness based on customer defined risk tolerance
over 600 common infrastructure components, thousands of operation, maintenance and re-design tasks, failure
mechanism and failure modes codified from extensive number of years of
developed considering upstream and downstream oil and gas
personal copy of the above presentation or more information, please contact us at